Well, winter hit with a blast again. Couldn't do any work and the kids couldn't go to school. So, what to do, huh? Well after lunch, we decided to take the kids for a walk and show them the 'winter shortcut' to Grandma & Grandpa's. They all thought it was
neat walking on the river. It is rather a different view than we normally see, and was actually kind of peaceful on the river. Once across, the wind hit us full force and we got cold very quick. As I said, the scenery is different than we're used to, so I 'had' to bring
my camera and take a few shots. I thought I would share some here with you. These pictures were taken quite close to Mom & Dad's, but with the winter covering, the view is quite striking. When the sun was out, it was actually a nice day, but once in a while it would snow, and the walk down the river took on a somewhat enchanted look. The willow tree, which in the summer seems to 'weep' into the river, looks much different in the snowy weather. So we had a very nice walk this afternoon (except for the biting wind on the way back).
1 comment:
So, that's what school kids on on a snow day!! That's one thing our kids don't like about homeschooling--we can always get there-- but they don't mind finishing at the end of May, though!
As you can see, I've finally got the hang of this blogging thing!
Post a Comment