Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Psalm 138:8a

"The LORD will perfect that which concerns me"

I read that verse a few weeks ago in my evening devotions and it spoke to me as I was struggling with the decision of whether or not to take this new job. I wrote it on the white board in my room and have been taking comfort from it every day. I knew that no matter which direction I chose, God would be with me and I didn't have to fear.
After much prayer, careful thought, and a talk with my boss and colleagues, I have decided to take the job in Cayuga. Financially, it was just too good to pass up and I felt God was directing me to go. I have officially accepted it as of 15-20 minutes ago. It's somewhat of a mental relief to have finally made the decision. Now I can move on and prepare for this transition.
Thanks for the comments and prayers. A family is a great blessing!

5 comments:

Rob said...

Well, congratulations on your new job, Jenn! We pray God's blessings on you and I am glad you sense His leading in this. Enjoy your new job!

Luitings said...

I'm glad for you that your decision is made and that you have peace with it. Like Rob said, Enjoy!

When will you start?

_/ Derek \_ said...

congrats jen! because this job is so financialy better... my birthday is may 26.. im perty sure your coming down that weekend for some event... so.. i like birthday preasents ;)

Jennifer said...

I'll be working at Redeemer until the second last week in June and then taking the last of week of June off for some vacation/transition time before starting in Cayuga.

And Derek, I'll still be working at Redeemer on your birthday so I won't be "financially better" yet, but don't worry, maybe I'll get you a card from the dollar store or something ;)

_/ Derek \_ said...

Right on :D