Last week, I got a phone call from our insurance company. It seems that in reviewing their files, they discovered that we have four vehicles in our family, Dick's work truck, the Montana, Kara's Honda and the Grand Prix (Ed's old car). Until now, the work truck was totally separate from our family's policy, anyway to make a long story short they are now insuring Derek as primary driver on the Grand Prix, which almost doubles what we're already paying for him. I don't know what they have against 17 year-old guys !
Anyway, Dick went into the insurance office today to give them his opinion of this decision. He was sitting with his back to the window when he said, "That's insane!", when all of a sudden he heard a crashing sound. He ejected out of his seat, and plastered himself against the wall just in time, to see a car come crashing through the front of the office!
One of the agents yelled, Oh no, it's 3 old ladies--call 911! The ladies were not hurt but they were all bawling their eyes out. The office ladies went out there with their padded armchairs so the old ladies could sit in comfort and wait for the paramedics to arrive.
Moral of the story, if you're thinking about complaining to your insurance agency, watch your backside!
Monday, April 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
that is crazy, was the driver drunk? did Dad get anywhere talking to them?
Taun
Wow what a story. Reminds me of a time John and I were sitting in an insurance office in Chatham. During our time in the waiting area, three crashes happened on the street just in front. Apparently the last two accidents were because of rubber neckers checking the other accidents. Thankfully none of those hit the building we were in. Glad that Dick is okay!
Funny how the insurance companies seem to find young guys guilty before being proved innocent. And they get away it.
Taunya, no, dad didn't get anywhere talking to them. As of today, Derek is a pedestrian :(. I don't think they were drunk. It was probably more like they hit the gas instead of the brake.
(I think Derek better be more careful about signing out when he's on your computer!)
That is way too funny! Wish I could tell you a similar story but I swore with my life never to tell a soul!..let's just say I was a passenger in a similar situation. Glad Dad didn't get hurt!
i just think the whole thing is funny with three old ladies driving through the window.. they probably got out of the car and said ,,, lets not get insurance involved!.. haha... anywho.. ya being a passenger sucks! i cant go anywhere by myself anymore
oh, I understood the story wrong - I thought the old ladies were in the office when the car came through the window, but they were the drivers, ok now I don't need to ask if they were drunk? that would have been traumatic for them. aww...
Post a Comment