Sunday, July 27, 2008

Summer Vacation

Hi All,

Just thought I'd share a few moments of our recent vacation. We went to Awenda Provincial Park, which is just north of Penatanguishene. This is quite a large park with beautiful forests, 4 beaches plus a pet beach, 7 trails as well as a small lake for canoing & fishing. For the 8 nights we stayed, we had about 7 nights of rain but the day usually turned nice by mid morning or noon. The one night without rain we heard some owls making quite a ruckus just outside our tent for a couple of hours. Man, those things are loud!!











We also enjoyed Discovery Harbour in Penatanguishene, a reconstructed naval establishment from the early 1800's,
where we were able to walk on an historic warship, the Tecumseth.




















We did trails, checked out the beaches, as well as canoing on Kettle's lake. All in all, a great time.



3 comments:

Eddie said...

It looks like you picked a nice spot to go to. Discovery Harbour looked interesting. -ED

Luitings said...

Looks like a beautiful park!! Do they have cottages there? Glad to hear you had a good time. We're looking forward to vacation--leaving on the 9th of Aug.

Rob said...

Yes, it was a really nice park, almost too big though, you had to drive for just just about everything. Discovery Harbour was really neat, too. I have lots more pictures, if you want to see them, you'll have to come over. (I waited long enough for these few to load over dial up.)
Sorry, didn't see any cottages there. That doesn't mean there aren't any nearby, though. I don't know.
But we did have a good time, and now its just another camping memory to enjoy for years to come. I have to update my photo album now.