Yesterday, me (Trudy) and the girls (Emily, Elise and Shaylynn) had a nice day visiting with mom and dad. Among other things, we discussed how often in life we have what we call "close calls", and how often God spares us from imminent danger. We were talking about Arlene's post, and that's what got us on the topic.
Well, on our way home I was about 3/4 of the way through the 4-way stop just by Dresden, when an Ontario Hydro pickup truck came screaming through on my left. I had to jump on my brakes, and the driver of the truck had to turn his wheel sharply to the left and went careening through the intersection, tires screeching, into the on-coming traffic lane to avoid hitting me. A couple of minutes later, Shaylynn said, "my heart is still pumping", to which Emily replied, "I hope so!" We knew what she meant though, and I said, "so is mine".
I thank God that I was able to stop in time, also that the driver of the truck didn't hit anyone as he headed into the on-coming traffic lane. Before I left for Wallaceburg, as I got into the van, I offered up a prayer for traveling mercies, and I thank God for yet another prayer answered.
Thursday, March 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yikes! So thankful you are safe!
I, for one, am glad that your hearts are 'still pumping'! :-)
When we really think about all these 'close calls', we can see that God is always 'close by'. Quite wonderful to think about it that way.
I echo both of the previous comments. While these times are scary when they happen it's good to be able to look back afterward and see God's guiding hand. Glad you're all safe!
Post a Comment