Friday, March 23, 2007

Cars are Replaceable

Last Wednesday, I got the phone call that no parent wants to get. It was Kara, in tears, with the police radio blaring in the background, "Mom, I got into an accident". The first thing out of my mouth of course, "are you ok?". I was so relieved to hear that the answer was yes.

She was turning left out of Wendy's, and there was a construction tent set up, completely blocking her view of oncoming traffic. She pulled up and thought nothing was coming, when all of a sudden, bang! The police officer said she had to issue her a ticket, but was quite confidant, that if she appealed it, she would get off. Arie VanDyk (a police officer) has agreed to help her with this.

We're thankful that she's ok, cars are replaceable, our children are not! Check out her blog for pictures.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I'm so glad she's ok. I saw the pictures on her blog and it's amazing she wasn't hurt more than she was. Praise God! Like you said, cars are replaceable, loved ones aren't.