Tim Horton's Brier
Tonight I had the opportunity to go to Copps Coliseum for the Tim Horton's Brier. My friend Marnie won two tickets and took me along. I generall
y only watch curling during the Olympics but it was rather interesting being there in person. As far as sports go, it's not the most exciti
ng to watch live but it still has it's moments. The glass of free beer was also nice (a perk of Marnie's prize!). I never thought of curling as a very athletic sport but, after tonight, I think I've changed my perspective. Despite appearances, these men are definitely athletes. They use a lot of different muscles to play this game. I think I have a new respect for the sport even though I don't really understand all the rules. Maybe now I'll take the time and learn them. As of now, Ontario is in the lead with 8 wins (one of which I saw tonight) and 1 loss followed closely by Manitoba. Go Ontario Go!
4 comments:
Ever curled? It is fun - but I am not very good at it.
We curled with the homeschoolers. I tried it, and fell flat on my butt! The kids were pretty good though, they really liked it. The rules are similar to crokinole, or shuffleboard. Who remembers the shuffleboard Opa had in his backyard on Baseline?
I've never actually curled myself but now I'd like to try it.
I've never curled either, but I do remember shuffleboarding at Opa's!
Post a Comment